Camaguey is a city and municipality in central Cuba and is the nation’s third largest city. It is the capital of the Camaguey Province. After almost continuous attacks from pirates the original city (founded as Santa María del Puerto del Príncipe around 1515 on the northern coast) was moved inland in 1528. The new city was built with a confusing lay-out of winding alleys that made it easier to defend it from any raiders and dubbed the labyrinth city. There are many blind alleys and forked streets that lead to squares of different sizes. There is only one exit from the city; should pirates ever return and succeed in entering the city, the hope was that the local inhabitants would be able to entrap and kill them. In July 2008, the old town was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site, but in September it suffered damage as colonial columns were toppled and the ornate sculptures on the roofs of centuries-old buildings were smashed by Hurricane Ike. Domestic flights from Havana. Overland transfer from Havana around 8 hours.
Hotel E Gran Hotel Camaguey
Camaguey City, City
Hotel E Gran Hotel Camaguey this distinguished and sombre hotel is located in the historical central area of the City of the Large Earthenware
You accept financial responsibility for all transactions made under your name or account.
• In order to make a purchase you must be over 18 years old, be purchasing for yourself and have the legal capacity to make the transaction.
• You warrant that all the information you provide to us is true and accurate.
• Failure to supply the correct credit or debit card billing address information and/or cardholder details may result in delays to the issue of your Arrangements and may make the costs subject to increase. Please ensure that the details you give match those on your Credit Card or Debit Card billing statement. Cuba Travel also reserves the right to cancel your reservation after issue if payment is declined or incorrect cardholder details and billing information have been supplied.
• You are responsible for obtaining the relevant travel documentation required by the Cuban authorities either from the Cuba Consulate, your travel agent or airline in your country.
• If you are a citizen of the United States of America you are responsible for obtaining the relevant travel documentation required by the Government of the United States of America for travel to Cuba. Cuba Travel or its affiliates are not responsible or liable in any way if you have not obtained the relevant documents prior to traveling to Cuba. Cuba Travel or its affiliates are not liable for any penalties or claims by the Treasury Department of The United States of America as a consequence of you’re traveling to Cuba.
• Your passport must be valid for at least six months from the time you arrive in Cuba and your name on the passport must correspond with your travel documents.
Cancellation and Alteration Policy
Once you have paid for your reservation, the following cancellation and alteration policy applies.
1. If you cancel or alter the reservation 48 hours or more before your intended arrival date, we will refund you the total amount that you paid minus an administration fee equivalent to 3% of paid amount, with a minimum of US$ 20.
2. If you cancel or alter the reservation less than 48 hours of your expected arrival date, we will refund you the total amount paid minus the amount of the first day transportation charge of your intended stay.
Refunds must be requested in writing within 60 days of the date of your intended stay. Once this period has passed, no refunds will be made.
We will not make refunds to Credit Cards or Debit Cards, other than the Credit Card or Debit Card that was used for your booking. We may process refunds via wire transfer, in which case we will deduct any bank charges from the refundable amount. We aim to process refund within 3 working days after receiving your refund request and required information.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure accuracy and availability, some errors might still occur. Once aware of such incidents we will make all reasonable effort to advise you within 48 business hours of the booking being made. We reserve the right to cancel the reservation and refund all monies paid, but this of course will be without any liability to you.